Backbone Media B2B Marketing Blog
In today’s market, even B2B brands are realizing that blogs play an important role in lead generation and customer acquisition. A quick peek at the Social Media Marketing Industry Report from Social Media Examiner supports this notion; 68% of marketers plan on increasing B2B blogging efforts this year.
What about the 32% that still don’t think it’s a good idea? With so many B2B brands doing an excellent job of blogging – including Cisco, Deloitte, Salesforce – how can anyone afford to deny the importance of B2B blogging? If you’re still not convinced, here are five great reasons why your brand should be blogging.
1. Blogging increases your exposure to prospects.
B2B prospects are looking for industry-specific content these days, and your B2B blog should give it to them. It will help you get more visibility with prospects, as well as develop loyal fans.
2. Blogging provides the biggest return on your marketing investment.
It’s true; blogging really does give you the best ROI – regardless if you produce them internally or hire an external resource to write them. They’re significantly less expensive than white papers and success stories, and are just as effective. Plus, you can use one topic to generate multiple blog posts, repackage them into an eBook, or, well, you get the idea.
3. Blog posts have a long lifespan.
All published blog posts continue to drive traffic to your website through search engine results and shares on social media. If you’ve taken the time to write quality posts that are SEO-ready, then you’ll always be near the top of the SERP (search engine results pages). Add in a few evergreen blog posts, and you’ll have online marketing pages that will continue to deliver over the long term.
4. Blogging is a “safe” way to “do” social media.
Everyone’s talking about how B2B brands need to get more involved with social media. And this is the way to do it. Even the most risk-adverse senior executive is okay with B2B blogging. It’s social media without the risk since you control the real estate it’s published on.
5. Blogging helps you become a thought leader in your industry.
A blog is a simple way to display your expertise in a particular industry. Write about the industry’s problems, concerns, needs, obstacles, top news stories, etc. Share your knowledge and prospects will think you’ve got the solution to all their issues because you understand them.
- Sign up to receive 100 marketing predictions and trends for 2015 for an all-star team of industry thought leaders.
- Subscribe to our blog to stay informed on B2B marketing news and insight.
- Contact us to learn more about how we can help your company with content marketing, website design & development, search engine marketing, and corporate branding.