Search Engine Marketing Online Resources
Search Engine Marketing Organizations & Associations
- SEMPO: Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization. SEMPO exists to fill the gaps in awareness and understanding of SEM, including educating marketing managers worldwide about what SEM is and how properly implemented SEM programs can provide some of the highest returns on investment possible in the marketing world today.
- SEARCH ENGINE WATCH: Search Engine Watch provides tips and information about searching the web, analysis of the search engine industry and help to site owners trying to improve their ability to be found in search engines. The site was created by an Internet consultant and journalist Danny Sullivan.
- MARKETING SHERPA: Marketing, advertising and PR advice – free articles are available during the first 10 days after publish date. A partial free archive of the best marketing articles is also available.
Search Engine and Webmaster Forums
- WEBMASTER WORLD: A forum with a variety of topics from design and development to marketing and search engines.
- SEARCH ENGINE WATCH FORUM: A forum mostly dedicated to search engines and search engine marketing – topics split up by search engine.
- WEB PRO WORLD: A variety of forum topics. This site is related to Web Pro News, which sends out a daily email about topics most hotly debated on the Web Pro World forum.
Trade Shows and Conferences – Search Engines
- SEARCH ENGINE STRATEGIES: Search Engine Strategies is a series of conferences that is primarily sponsored by the major search engines and is intended for search engine marketing industry representatives. The attendees of these conferences have an opportunity to learn about current search engine trends, as well as pick up search engine marketing and optimization ends and outs. This conference is a must for any search engine marketer that wants to stay afloat of the current issues in the search engine industry. Search Engine Strategies also provides an opportunity to ask questions and voice concerns over the new search engine marketing trends and practices.
- PUBCONFERENCE: Annual conference organized by a WebmasterWorld, a discussion forum for webmasters, search engine marketers, and search engine developers. This conference aims to be more informal than the other search engine conferences, and to provide an opportunity for representatives of the search engine and search engine marketing industries as well as webmasters to discuss search engine industry trends and practices.
Trade Shows and Conferences – Research
- SIGIR: SIGIR (Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval), a part of ACM – The First Society in Computing, is a major international forum for presentation of new research results and the demonstration of new systems and techniques in the broad field of information retrieval. SIGIR organizes conferences in the US, Europe, and Asia, and addresses issues ranging from theory to user demands in the application of computers to the acquisition, organization, storage, retrieval, and distribution of information. You can visit the events calendar online.
- TREC: Stands for Text REtrieval Conference, TREC is organized once a year “to encourage research in information retrieval from large text collections” by the National Institute of Standards and Technology. Although attendance to this conference is restricted to participants of TREC research, the publications are available for view online.
Other Marketing Resources